The P1 Marine Foundation National Student Awards is aimed at encouraging and rewarding the next generation who are currently working on projects that help to provide solutions to the threats to our seas and oceans. Conceived and launched by the Foundation in 2011, the National Student Awards rewards UK students at all levels of higher education who present outstanding work that will help to protect and conserve the marine environment.
- Entrants should be registered as full or part time students at any level within a UK Higher Education Institution (i.e. undergraduate or postgraduate levels including taught courses) Can be in any year of the course
- Can enter as an individual or group
- Do not need to be a UK citizen; international students are welcome to apply
- Projects should have been completed this calendar year or be in progress or a proposal with sufficient detail
Winning projects will be selected by the judges using a point system criteria. Entries will be judged on the following:
- Environmental merit
- Groundbreaking content
- Winner £1000
- Runner Up £500
- Seabed Innovation £500
- MCS Wakefield Memorial Award £500
To enter, candidates will need to complete and send the following before the deadline.
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation from Heads of Department/Tutor/or equivalent
Applications should be sent via email or by post to:
P1 Marine Foundation
Queen Anne Mansions
86/87 Wimpole Street
Find out more about this award here.