A book prize awarded for the students (UG or PG) at a number of universities around the world, or in recognition of an event or competition, beyond the standard book prize. These are typically made due to historical arrangements or are facilitated by IMarEST branches or regional offices. These include:
- IMarEST Greek Branch – Young Members Network
- University of Newcastle in Singapore
- QinetiQ schools power boat challenge
The prize is awarded to the highest achieving student in their final year of any course (UG or PG), cadet training course or apprenticeship formally accredited by the IMarEST. Nominations should be based on the final mark received or an alternative formal method of assessment.
An appropriate book selected from the IMarEST catalogue and a certificate.
- 10 awards are made by the IMarEST Greek Branch
- 3 awards are made by the University of Newcastle in Singapore for the most improved student in; Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in Marine Engineering, Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in Offshore Engineering and Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in Naval Architecture
- 1 award made to the winner of the QinetiQ schools powerboat challenge
These are made in consultation with the submitting branch or institution.
Entries and Deadlines: