The Challenger Society for Marine Science (CSMS), the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarEST) and the Society for Underwater technology (SUT) has a competitive award scheme to support students studying for a Bachelor’s degree in Marine Science or Technology at a UK University or College.
- Applicants must be Final Year undergraduate students enrolled on UK University or College Marine Science or Technology courses.
- Applicants must be student members of either the CSMS, IMarEST or SUT.
The dissertation must be able to demonstrate relevance within the fields of marine science or marine technology.
The scheme is based on a single payment of up to £500 to the successful student. It is envisaged that one award will be awarded each year.
- Applicants are required to complete an application form setting out details of their course and an abstract written by the applicant about his/her final year dissertation by the closing date at the end of April.
- The application should include either a statement from a sponsor or details of a sponsor who can be contacted to seek a reference in support of the application.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure the sponsor is aware that they will receive a request
- Applications should be sent to
Entries and Deadlines
Entries Opening Date: 1st March
Deadline: 30th April