IMarEST bursaries are targeted at undergraduate and postgraduate students, cadets and apprentices studying or working in marine engineering, marine science and marine technology and related topics. The purpose of the bursaries are to encourage and support IMarEST Student members to work on technical research projects or community based projects.
The bursary can be used to support planned or existing projects, ranging from activities and events, promoting marine engineering, science and technology as a career, undertaking research in the country of residence or overseas, or undertaking other voluntary activities.
In return the awardees will need to work with the IMarEST to promote and report on their activity.
- Current IMarEST Student (SIMarEST) member
- Enrolled in a full time undergraduate or postgraduate course or undertaking a cadetship or apprenticeship at time of application
- Studying topics or working (if an apprentice) in a field related to marine engineering, science or technology
Each bursary is funded at £500 (GBP) for applications received from Student members from Group A countries and £250 (GBP) for applications received from Student members from Group B** countries.
Successful applicants will also receive a certificate.
ALL COUNTRIES NOT LISTED IN GROUP B
ANGOLA, BANGLADESH, BRAZIL, BOTSWANA, CAMEROON, COLOMBIA, ECUADOR, EGYPT, ETHIOPIA, GABON, GAMBIA, GHANA, GUYANA, INDIA, INDONESIA, JORDAN, KENYA, KAZAKHSTAN, MALAYSIA, MALDIVES, MEXICO, MYANMAR, NIGERIA, PAKISTAN, PAPUA NEW GUINEA, PHILIPPINES, ROMANIA, SOLOMON ISLANDS, SRI LANKA, SYRIA, THAILAND, TURKEY, VENEZUELA, TANZANIA, UKRAINE, VANUATU, ZAMBIA, ZIMBABWE
Applications are ongoing – each year we will award a total of 4 bursaries covering the spectrum of marine engineering, science and technology and at all levels (UG, PG, cadet and apprentices)
The application requires:
- A description of project or activity including statement of purpose, method, and impact
- Personal Statement: Description of why this project was chosen and what it means to the applicant
- Contact details for a referee who is willing to provide a written statement in support of your application