The United Kingdom Naval Engineering Science & Technology (UKNEST) Forum & Lloyd’s Register Foundation offer up to 12 Undergraduate Scholarships to students who are interested in future employment in the Naval Defence Sector. In general, UK security clearance is a pre-requisite for employment within this Sector.
Applications are encouraged from Mathematics, Science, Technology and Engineering undergraduates. The Scholarship is for ONE year, but students may re-apply for further funding.
The Scholarship provides:
- A Bursary of £3,000 per academic year (£1,000/term)
- Mentoring from a UKNEST Member Organisation
- The potential for work-placement with a UKNEST Organisation
Applications should be made online at here and require:
- A copy of the applicants CV (with contact details, including out-of-term e-mail)
- An essay (500 words max.) – e.g. the 2016 topic was “The role of autonomous technology in the future Navy”
- A written reference from your academic tutor/mentor
Entries and Deadlines
Entries Opening Date: 1 May
Deadline: 31 August