It’s less than two weeks until Indo-Pacific’s leading forum on submarines, the 10th Biennial Submarine Institute of Australia (SIA) Conference 2020.
As a result of the coronavirus pandemic, the conference (which is being held from 16-18 November) will be staged in a hybrid format this year – with the options being in-person attendance at the Hotel Realm in Canberra or via a live online stream, which is available by subscription.
With registrations for in-person attendance about to close, the SIA is encouraging people who can’t be in Canberra for the event to register to be involved online.
The conference features a number of high-profile speakers, including:
- Senator the Hon Linda Reynolds CSC – Australia’s Minister for Defence;
- Hon Melissa Price MP – Minister for Defence Industry;
- Hon Richard Marles MP – Shadow Minister for Defence;
- Professor Don Winter – Chair, Naval Shipbuilding Advisory Board;
- Vice Admiral Michael Noonan AO, RAN – Chief of Navy;
- Mr Gregory Sammut – General Manager, Submarines, Capability, Acquisition and Sustainment Group, Department of Defence;
- Commodore Tom Phillips RAN – Director General, Submarine Capability, Royal Australian Navy;
- Rear Admiral David Goggins USN – Program Executive Officer for Submarines, US Navy;
- Mr John Davis – Chief Executive Officer, Naval Group Australia;
- Professor Tanya Monro – Chief Defence Scientist (Australia);
- Mr Peter Jennings – Executive Director, Australian Strategic Policy Institute;
- Mr Ian Irving – Chief Executive, Naval Shipbuilding College; and
- Mr Innes Willox – Chief Executive, Australian Industry Group.
The hybrid format will offer opportunities for online networking and communication between delegates, whether they are physically at the conference in Canberra or watching online.
The theme of this year’s conference is “Submarine build and sustainment programs: the strategic nature of reliable sovereign supply chains”.
To be certain of securing your spot in Canberra or to avoid missing out on virtual participation, please register now by visiting the SIA website, https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.submarineinstitute.com&source=gmail&ust=1604701783407000&usg=AFQjCNH5LajahqbuwU8Tx9upskDZgBNAmw">www.submarineinstitute.com.