A film exploring the critical issues affecting our oceans, and the work being done by marine professionals worldwide for a brighter future.
Organisations are invited to join the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science & Technology in featuring in this ITN production.
”Our Oceans: Our Future” will showcase stories of science, innovation, sustainability and industry-wide initiatives that are transforming the marine sector. Combining key interviews and reports, the news-style programme, anchored by Natasha Kaplinsky, will address the vital global opportunities and challenges facing the sector today including green shipping, green ports, plastic clean-up, geo-engineering and offshore renewable energy and will highlight the myriad of exciting career opportunities available within the profession.
The film will be screened at a launch at The Royal Institution on 20 November 2019 and form part of an extensive communications campaign to bring these issues to the fore. This campaign involves IMarEST members and partner organisations, as well as journalists, writers, bloggers and government departments.
Would your organisation like to feature in the film?
The film will feature editorial profiles of organisations from across the marine sphere and we’d like to showcase your company’s work to portrait the extensive multidisciplinary nature of the sector.
We are looking to showcase stories from within the marine community, both from the commercial sector and across the scientific communities that support the development of marine engineering, marine science and marine technology…any organisation impacting the state of the ocean.
Each organisation will be given a segment of the film and we will liaise with you to plan the production sequence and craft which elements of your organisation’s work you’d like to highlight. The content can be diverse, including interviews, news items and reports and should increase understanding of these issues for both the public and marine experts worldwide. Examples of editorial slot themes include:
- Advocacy – translating what scientists say and providing tangible examples of the value of the marine sector
- Understanding – raise awareness of issues affecting the oceans and the work done by marine professionals worldwide
- Tools & Solutions – showcase science, innovation and sustainable ideas that are transforming the marine sector
- Implementation of Ideas – charting the progress of industry-wide initiatives including future solutions that promote sustainable use of ocean resources
- Inspire - the next generation to join the marine sector and retain the best talent in engineering, science and technology in the marine sector.
If you are a company or organisation operating in the marine sector and would like to participate in the programme, please contact Max Smith, Senior Programming Director, Industry News at ITN Productions, on 0207 430 4223 or .