Contract Term: Permanent
Location: London or Edinburgh
Closing date: 3rd August 2021
Salary: Commensurate with experience
About the role:
The ideal candidate will have a technical background (and relevant qualifications) in naval architecture or marine engineering with some industry experience, preferably with an emphasis on mooring system design (floating wind preferable but wider oil and gas or marine experience acceptable). Additionally, knowledge of wider vessel design, including energy efficiency and decarbonisation measures would be of benefit.
The role will suit a candidate with strong project management skills and a background in floating offshore wind or the maritime sector. A focus on mooring system design is desirable. Responsibilities will include supporting the floating offshore wind programme manager on programme coordination, project delivery, and providing technical input when necessary. The successful candidate will also support wider maritime projects where required, joining a team of experts who are leading on state-of-the-art research and development projects.
Although experience in the maritime sector, floating wind and/or mooring system design is preferable, we encourage all applicants with a relevant or related technical background (such as naval architecture or marine engineering) to apply.
The Carbon Trust's mission is to accelerate the move to a sustainable, low carbon economy. We are independent experts on carbon reduction and resource efficiency, who reinvest surpluses from group commercial activities into our mission.
The Carbon Trust provides innovative advice to governments and businesses around the world to support the global transition to a low carbon economy. We work closely with decision makers and implementers in key institutions in the UK and across multiple emerging and developing countries on low-carbon finance, programmes, policy and technology.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Support delivery of Carbon Trust offshore wind and maritime programmes and manage delivery of technical projects
- Provide wider technical support on floating wind, mooring systems, and maritime projects
- Liaise with external contractors, clients and internal colleagues to support floating offshore wind activities
- Provide input to floating wind, maritime and general business development
- Become a subject matter expert on mooring system design and wider floating offshore wind (with vessel emission reduction knowledge also of benefit)
Key skills we are looking for:
- Strong project/process managing skills
- Highly organised, excellent attention to detail, and ability to manage own time
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently without extensive oversight
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues in a team environment
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other MS Office applications such as Microsoft Dynamics CRM and SharePoint
Qualifications and experience:
- Technical background and relevant qualifications in naval architecture or marine engineering
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Strong IT skills, including proficiency in MS Office (essential)
- Familiarity with other IT packages such as CRM, SharePoint and Agresso / Unit 4 (desirable)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English (essential)
- A desire to be part of the growing momentum to help reduce the impacts of climate change on the planet
- No prior offshore wind experience required
- The successful candidate must have an unrestricted right to work in the UK and excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
We offer the successful candidate:
- A chance to work on an influential portfolio of offshore wind projects at a mission-driven organisation, in a friendly team environment
- A competitive compensation package and excellent benefits
Salary & Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a performance based bonus. Our hours are 37.5 per week with 28 days paid holiday plus bank holidays and a generous pension scheme.
At the Carbon Trust we offer flexibility around working from home and our employees are able to work from home for half of their weekly working hours. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
Our head office is in London, close to Blackfriars and Waterloo stations, we offer travel card loans, a cycle to work scheme, company away days and a 24-hour Employee Assistance Helpline.
Joining the Carbon Trust provides an opportunity to work alongside some of the leading practitioners in the low carbon arena so if you are excited by this opportunity and would like to join us please APPLY HERE
We are an equal opportunities employer, value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on your skills and experience. We can only accept applications from those who can prove their eligibility to work in the UK. No agencies or publications.
Please be aware that due to the current situation surrounding Covid-19, interviewing and on boarding processes will take place via video conferencing.