An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Executive Officer to join UK Naval Engineering, Science and Technology (UKNEST), a group of organisations whose representatives give their time to “enable the UK’s Naval Enterprise to be the best in the world through great people, collaboration and superior technology”. This effort is energised and enabled by the Executive Officer who is responsible for enabling, supporting and, where necessary, leading UKNEST’s initiatives. The Executive Officer will ensure that UKNEST delivers its projects and programmes, maintains continuity of good governance, is a visible face of the organisation to its members, stakeholders and influencers, and promotes the organisation in a range of settings and media.
Key responsibilities of the Executive Officer include:
- Secretary of UKNEST
- Manage and coordinate the overall programme of activities
- Providing leadership and management to UKNEST initiatives and meetings
- Maintain the operating policies, processes and governance of UKNEST
- Promote UKNEST as the focus for Naval Engineering, Science and Technology to appropriate organisations
- Promote the benefits of UKNEST and represent UKNEST at national initiatives
- Take a lead on UKNEST PR and Brand initiatives
- Successfully manage relationships with members as well as other senior industry and government representatives
- Manage a scholarship programme
The Executive Officer will have experience in, and a passion for, the UK Naval Engineering, Science and Technology industry. They will have strong organisational and people skills to both organise meetings and promote the value of the enterprise, both internally and externally. They will also have a passion for encouraging future generations of engineers, scientists and technologists in the organisation and running of our scholarship programme, as well as the ability to liaise with various stakeholders at all levels.
The Executive Officer is a part time role (2.5 days per week) and will require both home working and regular travel to London and other UK locations. To apply for this position please email a copy of your CV and a cover letter to
Closing date for applications is 6th January 2020 with interviews to be held on 16th and 17th January 2020