IMarEST TV recording of the The Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology in collaboration with SeaFlo on the 23rd of June, 2021.
Panelists discuss the use of digital twins in the imminent transition from fossil fuel to renewable energy. Looking at the digitalisation of marine and subsea assets, experts also examine the transfer of skills that will be required for this transition to take place, taking knowledge from the oil and gas sector into the green energy space.
This webinar also looks at:
- Investigating the additional skill sets required of subsea and marine technicians, engineers and asset managers to interpret this digital data in a real-time offshore asset.
- Offers insight into available remote operations and subsea inspection technologies linked to digital technology
- Understanding the envisaged data work flow from the asset to the predictive digital model and 3D visualisation
- Sharing guidance on effective data management and interpretation which can be shared with industry via the Cloud.
- Explores how these technologies can be used cost-effectively in transitioning sectors.
Watch Now (IMarEST Members only)
About the Speakers
- Charlie Reith -Director /Principal Consultant, SeaFlo Consultancy Ltd
- Kaj Lagstrom FIMarEST -Principal Marine Consultant/ Technical Advisor, SeaFlo Consultancy Ltd
- Kjell Eriksson -Vice President Digital Partnering, DNVGL
- Peter Toxopeüs -Project Manager Fleet Sustainability, Fugro
- John Butler CEng CMarEng FIMarEST -Director - Energy Transition & Sustainability, Transition Ignition Ltd
- Mitch Johnson -Program Manager - Shipboard Technical Services (STS), Oceaneering Projects Group
The session was chaired by Roland Rogers CSci CMarSci FIMarEST FSUT - Emeritus Fellow, NOC