IMarEST TV recording of the The Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology Annual Conference, which took place on 9th June 2021.
This Annual Conference recording looks at:
- Net Zero Oceanographic Capability
- Reskilling & Training a Diverse Workforce for Energy Transition in the New Blue Economy
- The role of the Marine Environment in our Energy Transition and the push toward Net Zero
Watch Now (IMarEST Members only)
About the Speakers
- Steve Hall is Project Director of Marine Energy Wales, previously CEO of the Society for Underwater Technology, before that Head of the International & Strategic Partnerships Office at the National Oceanography Centre, leading the UK delegation to UNESCO's Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission, where he served as Vice Chair 2015-17
- Leigh Storey is the Associate Director, National Marine Facilities at the National Oceanography Centre (NOC). Leigh has a first degree in Marine Engineering and a Masters Degree in Business Administration. He is a Fellow of the IMarEST and a Member of the Honourable Company of Master Mariners. The majority of his career was spent in the Royal Navy as a Submariner.
- Ed Walker is a chartered marine professional with specific experience in the assessment, consenting and development of coastal and offshore energy infrastructure. Ed is currently working as a Principal Environmental Consultant with AECOM and also has historical experience working for one of the U's Marine Regulators at the MMO.
The session was chaired by Roland Rogers CSci CMarSci FIMarEST FSUT - Emeritus Fellow, NOC