Already an Affiliate Member? Proudly let your colleagues and peers know by adding your membership grade to your profile.
Anyone is welcome to join as an Affiliate member of the IMarEST.
- YOUR BENEFITS
Tap into knowledge
Available to: Affiliate, Student, Associate Member, Member, Fellow.
- Digital subscription to Marine Professional - Our membership magazine, covering hot topics, industry trends and interviews across the marine sector.
- Access to the Virtual Library - Consisting of a searchable Digital Archive of IMarEST published material from the past 120 years and downloadable eBooks.
- Access to IMarEST TV - View talks on cutting edge technology and research through live-streams and full recordings (via the web and offline via the app) of IMarEST technical lectures, conferences and other events from across the globe. Watching live or on-demand contributes to your continuing professional development (CPD).
- Access to IMarEST Nexus - Nexus is our members-only professional network, integrated into the IMarEST website. Featuring a jobs board and member directory, Nexus allows you to connect, network and collaborate with others. You can create and join working groups, post events, exchange files, photos and media and just generally keep in touch with IMarEST members located across the globe.
- Join a technical Special Interest Group - Help advance a variety of specialist areas relating to marine engineering, science and technology by participating in our Special Interest Groups (SIGs). You can learn more about the topic, share your own expertise and inform policy at an intergovernmental level.
- Enjoy member discounts on IMarEST journals, events, books & MLA College distance-learning programmes - You can get discounted print subscriptions to the Journal of Operational Oceanography and Journal of Marine Engineering & Technology, and member discounts for various events, books and MLA College distance-learning programmes.
- Apply for funding and Guild of Benevolence assistance grants - Apply for bursaries and grants to conduct research, attend conferences or gain experience. You can also apply for Guild of Benevolence assistance grants.
- Access local branch activities - Your local branch is a great way to grow your network and meet like-minded professionals, as well as take part in continuing professional development activities. You can develop links with other organisations and share your own knowledge, as well as learn from others.
- Ask IMarEST - This is a member query service where we will help to answer any technical questions you may have relating to marine engineering, science and technology.
- Exclusive member rewards - As a member, you can take advantage of a range of discounts, including discounts on travel services, meeting room hire and leading hotel chains.
View the full range of benefits of IMarEST membership.