The week-long online IMarEST Annual Conference 2021 will explore many of the biggest topics across marine engineering, science, and technology.
“There’s a massive appetite for informed debate and knowledge sharing about everything going on in the marine sector right now. Hosting an open-access event on this scale shows the Institute can deliver a breadth of content that is relevant to the wider marine community.”
So said the IMarEST CEO Gwynne Lewis on last year’s Annual Conference.
Online for the first time, it was a truly global event attracting 31 sessions, 65 speakers and 3,000 delegates from more than 90 countries.
The most-popular session was Don Ventura’s illuminating presentation on ‘The Next Generation of Unmanned Surface Vessels’ (USV), an emerging trend that is becoming increasingly prevalent today – and just one of the many important themes covered.
Building on that, the 2021 Annual Conference will explore many of the biggest topics across marine engineering, science, and technology.
Act now: Call for presentations and sessions
If you’d like to submit a presentation, you have until 16 April. Submissions should address one of a number of topics:
- Clean energy and transport such as climate change, decarbonisation, energy transitions, ballast water management, and biofouling
- Nature-based solutions, including blue carbon, ocean protection, and waste management
- Adaptation and resilience themes such as AI, autonomy, resilience, digitalisation and cyber security, safer crew and vessel operation and UN decade of the ocean.
Submit your presentation by 16 April, using the submission form on the event page.
What to expect from the IMarEST Annual Conference
A varied and world leading, 5-day conference programme of 90-minute live sessions, with the ability to ask your questions to our speakers.
- It runs online from 28 June-2 July 2021
- Dedicated networking sessions where you can explore and connect with fellow delegates, speakers and sponsors
- Exclusive on-demand access to sessions via IMarEST TV for six months after the conference
- Virtual exhibition area to connect with sponsors and support organisations
- Easy access to the conference platform via your computer and, or, mobile devices
- IMarEST CPD-recognised Certificate of Attendance
- Attendance will be free for IMarEST members.